Tuesday, January 02, 2007

How to Find the Right Star (or Planet)

Where in the world (or the Universe) could I be going with a title like that? You might be thinking (in the voice of Elaine Benes), "Have you lost it, man?" No, not yet. I'm talking about star-gazing, watching the night sky, amateur astronomy. When you'd like to know where to look in the night sky for Saturn, or when you see something interesting, but you don't know what you're looking at, like that. What do you do? Who do you call? Where do you go? I've got the answer. Check out Skymaps. It's got a pdf map of the sky for the current month of the year, for both the northern and southern hemisphere (do I have any readers down there?). You can get your skymap be clicking here.

P.S. I don't have Elaine, but you can get George's "Ahh-Ha!" right here!

P.P.S. Aw heck, I'll throw in Elaine's "The dingo ate your baby" here.