Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Yahoo! GO 2.0 Mobile Beta Announced

Yahoo! has just introduced Yahoo! GO 2.0, an application designed to put Yahoo! and all it's various parts (sports, finance, maps, email, weather, next week's stock prices (you wish), onto your mobile phone's screen...if you have the right kind of phone. (It won't work on mine yet. But they'll let me know as soon as it will!!!) Anyway, as I try to squelch my bitter resentment and jealousy, I will tell you a bit more about it. First you go to the GO 2.0 site, where it asks you to "Get Yahoo! Go Now." Click on that and you're taken to another page, where, to find out if your phone can handle Yahoo! Go, you can either click on your phone's carrier, or type in your mobile number, in which case you'll receive a text message with either bad news (like I got) or good news. If it'll work on your phone, you can download it directly from your phone. Good for you! If you'd like to find out more about the service than I have so comprehensively described in this post, you can do that too. Click here to learn more.